14 December 2009

first world, second world, third world

Admittedly, I haven`t done my research, so I`m kind of confused about this whole ranking. I`m pretty sure it has something to do with poverty percentages, amount of running water and literacy levels. If they`re not, perhaps wild dogs should be added into the mix. I think every country that I`ve been to is considered developing but it`s hard for me to believe that beautiful, leafy, modern Argentina with the extensive metro system, vast vineyards and luxury hotels is grouped with Ecuador where the lights are turned off for 4 hours a day. Either way though, I guess everywhere`s the asshole who`s going to steal your wallet from you on the subway.

2 comments:

  1. i guess that means philadelphia is a third world country.


    sierra

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you get robbed in philadelphia (the country, as you call it)? never in philly for me, but buenos aires - si!

    -F

    ReplyDelete