25 December 2009

sleepless in montevideo

So now the wild adventures are over and I’m back in Montevideo, which is quiet, homey, and also a little sad at the moment. It sounds funny to say because not only am I still here in South America, but I have my own room in an apartment with two lovely ladies and I live about 7 blocks from the beach.

Still I feel a little lost. I literally have nothing to do. And to be honest, I never really thought about the next step after Tori left. So for now, I’m running, getting back to my Spanish and following Andrea and Emily around to various Uruguayan Christmas celebrations. In 2010, I’m going to start looking for a job, in which I'm crossing my fingers to make $100 pesos/hour ($5).

mi dormitorio, which I have come to find out is actually the maid's quarters


it also happens to have it's own door to the kitchen that allows me to make it from my bed to the refrigerator in less then 2 steps, que suerte


this is my view

from the balcony of this room

I know, I know - Pobrecita!


1 comment:

  1. You know I'm thinkin bout ya. Just don't let your mind run away with itself. You'll drive yourself nuts. Run, swim, read, speak Spanish, explore, take pictures...you'll find a job and be busy sooner than you think. You have a knack for that sorta thing

    ReplyDelete