20 October 2009

the canadian

I have to admit something. The Canadian has become one of my best friends in the Southern Hemisphere. She’s a bit older than I am, but still the youngest of the E.P.L. bunch, which has since dissipated.

In a way, I feel as if the Canadian and I are kindred spirits and a majority of that probably has to do with the fact that we share a native language. But also, I really just admire her lifestyle. She’s been studying Spanish for years and has done programs in Ecuador and Mendoza. She also lived in Russia with a boyfriend for a while and has traveled extensively throughout Europe and Asia. A few months ago, she was wondering if she could for-real live in a Spanish-speaking country, so she quit her job and rented an apartment in Montevideo.

No comments:

Post a Comment