09 October 2009

no wonder i don't have any friends

This is a rough translation of some phrases that have left my mouth over the past week–

I like...green paint, your walls.

I forgot, I need to stir, no, return…my school for…a program of conversation.

I need to buy…a card for birthday of my friend…where am able?

I live…close to…the big street.

What…means this?

Tonight I goes…a show of rock music…at theatre.

Much people…talk…many languages, more than I.

I go…to walk, looking, the internet.

These, on the other hand, I’ve got mastered – please, thank you, thank you very much, you’re welcome, I don’t know, I don’t understand, I don’t understand anything, hello, goodbye, good morning, good night, good afternoon, what time is it?, see you later, please speak more slowly

Reading this post makes me realize that I pretty much don’t have a personality in Uruguay. I just smile. I wouldn’t want to hang out with me either.

1 comment:

  1. wow, what i wouldn't give for a video clip of fran vs. uruguayans

    ReplyDelete