02 October 2009

a walk in tori's (unlucky) shoes

As most of my friends know, I misplaced my wallet Monday on Phrancesca’s Pharewell to Philly tour. And by misplaced, I mean I got drunk and left it in a cab. However, I was sober enough to take out all of my money first, almost like I knew I was going to forget it. Many phone calls were made and angry cabbies were hailed, producing no luck. After wasting battery life on all the iphones, we said fuck it and went to Silk City. Except for that little blip, Monday was fantastic and lovely and wonderful and I want to thank all my girls (and Seth) for it and for all the other LWL dates in the past few months, which were, by far, my favorite days of the summer.

That night, I ran into Tori at Silk after losing my wallet and she said that obviously something bad had to happen to me before I left. She has terrible luck (in a 36 hour time span, her car was towed and got denied a visa), so it was almost like I was being cursed for agreeing to take this trip with her. But generally, I’m not a particularly lucky or unlucky person and things usually work out in some sort of way for me. So, I woke up the next day and ran all the annoying errands that losing a wallet necessitates – DMV, bank, et al and even though I was totally freaking out, it didn’t turn out that bad.

The worst part was that a week ago, I handed a beautiful Brazilian $130 and the most important piece of paper I own only to get a stupid little receipt which for some reason, I didn’t take out along with the cash from my wallet. Then, when I went up to NY on Tuesday, I got a little bit of attitude from a less beautiful Brazilian. She was supremely annoyed that she would have to open up each passport to look for my name and told me to come back in an hour. Instead, I sat right in front of her and Sierra and Sacha and I watched her do nothing for a while. I guess then she felt a little bad, so she casually started looking through them and after about 15 mins and some harrowing questions that led me to believe it may have been lossed, she produced my passport with a brand new visa containing a picture that makes me look like a 300lb convict with red lipstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment